posted Oct 13, 2009, 3:12 PM by Joe Scout
updated Oct 13, 2009, 3:13 PM by Dan Ambrosiani
A little belated, but thanks for a great showing for our first den meeting back on 9/25. We covered a number of achievements and there was "homework" to complete.
As a den you completed:
- 6b. Collect ten things
- 6c. Show and explain collection
- 12d. Kid with braces on legs
If your scout did not get a chance to show their collection, plan on bringing it to the next DEN meeting (not the pack meeting).
Some of the boys participated in the flag ceremony, and got credit for 2b. Lead flag ceremony. I'll ask for volunteers to assist with the future meetings. The scout should come early to help setup, lead the flag ceremony and assist the leader during the meeting. These "denners" are listed on the bottom of the achievements page.
Homework. As I mentioned at the den meeting, cubs will be expected to work on achievements at home. A parent will need to sign off the work, using the cub scout motto "Do Your Best" as a guide. At the next meeting, I can sign the book or you can send me an email confirming the achievements. Homework is marked on the Achievements page with "H"s.
- Pack meeting: Tues. 10/13 6:45 at Parish House
- Pack Overnight Family Camp-out: Sat 10/17 (no mine, just Stokes Forest, more details at Pack meeting)
- Popcorn Sale Ends: Sat 10/24
- Den meeting: Sun 10/25 at RVA fields (tent. location)
- we'll be doing some physical activities, covering achievement #1, plus a few others.
- Den outing - Lakota Wolf Preserve: Sat 12/5 2:00
More details to come for the next den meeting & the wolf outing.