posted Sep 23, 2009, 6:18 PM by Joe Scout
updated Sep 23, 2009, 6:18 PM by Dan Ambrosiani
Den meeting this Friday 9/25, 6:45-8:00
At Parish House
For the first meeting, will be themed for "Pockets", or basically what go into boys pockets.
- Fun Activity; Play Pie-tin Washer Toss (Elective #4a)
- Share Pizza / Make a Emergency Phone Number list (scout should have parents' office, cell phone numbers, etc.) This can then go in backpack pocket (achievement #4a)
- We'll go over Making Choices #12d. Please bring handbooks for this.
- Pocket collections. Boys should come to show their collection (or part of them) anything from rocks, marbles, baseball, Pokemon cards, etc. This is part of achievement #6.
- I'll an overview of this years' achievement plan. The Wolf badge and how Electives work. Denner & Adult volunteers.
- Go over Street and Road Safety (achievement #9c)
- Cub Cheer: "ONE, TWO, THREE, WOOF"
- Upcoming events
- Sun 10/4 - The Great Pumpkin's Pirates Hunt
- Tue 10/13 - Pack Meeting
- Sat 10/17, 18 - Overnight Family Camp Out (Sterling Mine, Stokes State Park)
- Sat 10/24 - Craft Fair at Parish House
- Sun 10/25 afternoon (tent.) - Next Den Meeting
- Next meeting, Would like to do Achievement #1 Feats of Skill, this is better suited outside during the day.
Boys can come in their "Class B" uniforms - that's any cub t-shirt.
Homework after the meeting: Complete #9a-e with parent.
I mentioned Den dues in an earlier email, since we were left with a surplus last year, we'll wait that runs out, then ask for dues.
I'd like to stay with the themes for put out by National for the months, which are as follows:
- September - Pockets
- October - Jungle Safari (outing to Lakota Wolf Preserve (tent.))
- November - Cub Scout Salute
- December - Work of Art
- January - Power Up! (outing to Utility (tent.))
- February - Happy Birthday B.S.A.
- March - Take Flight (outing to Airport (tent.))
- April - Spring into Action
- May - In The Spotlight